This quite a bit for me to pull-off…Perhaps I’ll see you at one of these occasions:
- Mon. March 11-Fri. April 26 “A Mass of Voices: The Need To Breathe” is a fine Arts group exhibit of images of women. Most of the Artists are San Francisco Bay area Artists. A few including I will share thoughts about openly expressing what is good, bad or being attended to as a woman. This is planned to take place during a free preview public reception Fri. March 8, 5:00-7:00, International Women’s Day. There will also be light refreshments.
- The historic Victorian which houses the Prescott-Joseph Center For Community Enhancement, Inc., has an exterior and interior worth viewing. The west oakland location , 920 Peralta st., off 10th street, is an attraction the 11 Artists are delighted to have the opportunity to engage the public with their images. There are Watercolors, Weaving, Collages, Acrylic Paintings, Plaster Cast with metal spikes, Fused Glass and Gouache Paintings, (that’s what I’m offering), Etchings, Color Photographs, B/W Photographs and Ink Drawings with Mixed Media.
Please RSVP (510) 452-0403 or (510) 208-5651
- Sat. March 16, 2:00 I plan to lead a Peace and Justice Paper Quilt workshop, I’ve been asked to do before, during intermission and possibly if folks remain, after the One Life Institute’s Annual Multi-Media Art show, Jazz, Spoken Word Concert. Children and adults are welcome to participate in this free event held at Studio One Art Center, 365 45th Street, off Broadway in North Oakland, 94609. Call for fuller details and RSVP (510) 452-0403 or (510) 595-5598
- Tues. April 2-Tues. April 30, I plan to have a dozen new Artworks and about 2 doz. photoprints and notecards for sale at the popular Brown Couch Cafe. The intimate location is at 340 14th street off Webster street in downtown Oakland 94612.
Call for further details and RSVP (510) 452-0403
- The Friends of Oakland Parks and Recreation has an Annual fundraiser that I plan to donate a work of Art. Their 10th Annual “Taste Of Spring” will be held Thursday May 2, at the Lake Park Garden Center 666 Bellevue near Lake Merritt, Oakland , 94610. Call for fuller details and RSVP (510) 465-1850 or (510) 452-0403