Where one treads or speaking the current phrase, leaves a carbon footprint, may matter. Closer scrutiny of what I can do in my Art to reduce waste, involves several friends, neighbors and buddies. They provide me with beer and wine bottles. Collectively, they enhance the meager number of bottles I usually have to work with. Cutting beer, wine and window glass and fusing them to create “Art de objects” is my latest fascination. Continue reading
Details: PRO ARTS a Non-Profit Organization and Art Gallery in Oakland Art Gallery; located within City Center’s, 150 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Downtown Oakland CA, 94612
Cotact: Director Margo Dunlap or any of the myriad of volunteers (510) 763-4361 / email@example.com Their website /www.proartsgallery.org
2011 Box Art Benefit Auction (for Pro Arts) It’s important to have our Art Galleries in place, especially when the economy rebounds.
There is No Admission Fee, Nada Cost, To Come Join many on Fri. Nov. 4, from 6:00-9:00 PM, to satiate your eyes, fingers, mouth & ears, nose. Tom Vacar, KTVU/Fox 2 Auctioneer
There is Yes, The Cost of Purchasing a Block of Wood turned into a Work of Art…My 2010 donation “Getting Through A Little At A Time” was the transformation of the block of wood. A Thumbnail that should enlarge when you click on it, appears on a different page of this blog.
A Sneak- Preview is planned Tues. Nov. 1 – Thu. Nov. 3 firstname.lastname@example.org Box Art is three weeks away and Pro Arts needs your help to meet our fundraising goals! You can be a part of this effort by reaching out to your personal and professional networks.
Box Art Sponsorship is a way for friends, family and supporters to make a commitment to support the arts in our community AND show support for YOU! Sponsorships are $100 and allow art lovers and those who love your art to place the ‘first bid’ on your donated artwork. Find details online at http://www.proartsgallery.org/exhibitions/2011_box.php
Five Easy Steps to Sign-up Sponsors:
1) Make a list. Choose five people to support your participation in Pro Arts Box Art Benefit. Consider talking to family members, friends and supporters who have bought your work in the past – anyone who loves the arts and shares the value that arts are vital in our communities.
2) Ask. Many people want to show their support for the arts but are never asked directly. Sponsorship is an easy way for friends and family to publicly show their support for their favorite artist while investing in Pro Arts’ mission. Only one Sponsor per box, over 100 participating artists to choose from.
3) Tell them why Pro Arts is important to you. Pro Arts serves thousands of Bay Areaartists through exhibitions, workshops, advocacy, East Bay Open Studios and more. Talking about how you engage with Pro Arts is the best way of showing a sponsor how their support can make a difference.
4) Invite them to the Party. Box Art is one of Pro Arts’ two annual fundraisers, and it’s a really great party – great food by Oakland’s hottest new restaurant, Plum – plus music by SomaR. Sponsors are acknowledged in the gallery and receive complimentary drinks all night.
5) Sign them up! Print a sponsorship form athttp://www.proartsgallery.org/exhibitions/pdfs/BoxArtSponsorApplication.pdf
Fill it out with the sponsor and return it to Pro Arts. Checks are payable to Pro Arts.
Your contribution of your donated artwork is the beginning of the fundraising effort. Pro Arts needs financial support to support artists and provide critical access to contemporary art in the region. Proceeds benefit arts education in Oakland public high schools and Pro Arts’ visual arts programming.
This is the time to be pro arts! Invite your friends, family and colleagues to step up to be pro arts.